Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ouch, ouch, and again ouch

Inspired by Jason's activity last week, I took the Klein out for a ride. Have to get fit for the Singlespeed World Drinking Championships in August, after all.
Everything was going far too well. Actually rode some singletrack in Kent that was more than five yards long, and didn't involve barbed wire / tiger shit / perpendicularly bisecting hawthorn bushes. And then all of a sudden, on a flat, straight section, the bike stopped, I went through the air and stopped myself by hitting a tree. Nothing broken, but scraped a load of skin off my arm and my leg hurts like hell. But worse than that, I've put a dent in the top tube of the Klein. I've never crashed hard enough to dent a bike before. Perhaps that's a sign that I'm getting faster? Some hope...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did spang yourself quite impressivly. I even had to wait until you calmed down before I laughed at you.

3:55 pm  
Blogger Mr Cushtie said...

I wasn't wearing lycra, honest. I was wearing that particularly manly looking sleeveless shirt that I bought while I was drunk in Gatwick airport waiting to fly to Geneva in 2003.

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home